9.9.09

Wasp Hunting


I battled it out with this wasp in our kitchen two nights ago. I should admit however that it wasn't really a fair fight - I just trapped it under a glass bowl and waited for it to die! At first the wasp was way up on me, because in my haste I accidentally trapped in under the bowl with another little bowl of food. I didn't notice until the next day that the wasp was seeming to quite enjoy himself; apparently they like banana and sweet potato?! So I waited for it to turn the other way, snatched the food out, and then all I had to do was wait for victory. Only problem being that another one came back tonight! Y. just got out the can of insect spray and it's all over already. Anyway, I just wanted to post the photo, because when they're not trying to attack you, these wasps are kind of pretty. Or maybe that's up to personal taste?

No comments:

Post a Comment